Monday, March 12, 2007

ULYSSES and hepatitis

I'm slowly recovering from acute hepatitis. I'd rather have malaria, where you get sicker, but better much quicker.

So, with hep, one is often prone in bed, lots of time on one's jaundiced hands to read.

Well,I can tell you, ULYSSES is not a novel for the sickbed. The effort of reading that deathless prose seemed to bring one closer yet to death's door.

(You know, if Dante had written his INFERNO *after* the publication of ULYSSES, he might have included a particularly fiendish torment...)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"Well,I can tell you, ULYSSES is not a novel for the sickbed. The effort of reading that deathless prose seemed to bring one closer yet to death's door."

No truer words have been spoken.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Nick Miliokas said...

You're right, "ULYSSES is not a novel for the sickbed." It's a novel that will PUT you in the sickbed.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Organic Rice said...

Your post is providing good information. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates. I really appreciated this post. Just want to say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post. sunny health and fitness sf b1203 indoor cycling bike
Useful information shared..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.I have Bookmark this webpage,I am sure I will visit this place again soon.Thanks for sharing. glencoe health student activity workbook answer key
Nice Website. You should think more about RSS Feeds as a traffic source. They bring me a nice bit of traffic academy of chinese culture and health sciences

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home