Monday, May 29, 2006

In another universe...

The many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics says there's an infinity of alternate universes.

Which means there are an infinite number of Richard Lewis's who have actually finished ULYSSES by this time.

Infinity is both a simple and subtle concept--out of those infinite number of Richard Lewis's who finished the novel, there's also a subset of infinite Richard Lewis's who actually *understood* ULYSSES from the get-go.

Which disproves the many worlds interpretation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annalisa said...

Ok ok....

9:31 PM  
Blogger Richard Lewis said...

Actually, Annalisa, your comment prodded my guilt into action, which prodded me to find my copy of ULYSSES, which prodded me to open a page, which prodded me to start reading...except I realize I'd already read that page.

But I will read on!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home